Time Management for Technical Leaders
Productivity methods that pay back (€299 + VAT)
Why manage your time?
If you've ever lead or managed a team, you'll know there is always more to do. More tasks, more meetings, and more tasks. The problem is... no one has taught you how to manage all of this with your limited time.
If you are a Technical Leader, you are torn between two worlds that require different time management approaches. You have feet in both:
- A Technical-Oriented World - One that requires deep focus and concentration; and
- A People-Oriented World - A world full of meetings, context switching and high levels of interactions with people
How do you manage the tension between this? Find out how by signing up for this course.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for everyone looking to have the most impact with the time they have. You will benefit from this course if you:
- Lead or manage people - Perhaps you're an Engineering Manager, Director, VP Engineering
- Lead or manage technical topics - Maybe you're a Tech Lead, Architect, Technical Programme Manager or CTO
- Want to be a more productive Individual Contributor (IC) - Maybe you're a Software Engineer, Agile Coach or other IC looking to have more impact with your time
This course will add tools to your time management toolkit and boost your personal and team productivity.
What's in this course?
This course consists of many videos and several short quizzes. The course is self-paced, meaning you can jump to the most relevant content and starting using the content without having to wait.
What you'll learn?
- Why time management is important, particularly if you're in leadership or management role.
- Learn several common mental models for prioritising and categorising work
- Understand more about the tension between the Technical-Oriented and People-Oriented worlds and how to manage these effectively
- Discover 6 universal laws when it comes to managing time and their implications
- Find out why not all time is the same and why that's important
- Discover 3 productivity frameworks to get your started
Invest a little of your time today, to maximise your effectiveness in the future.
Patrick Kua is a seasoned technology leader with almost 20 years of experience. His personal passion is accelerating the growth and success of tech organisations and technical leaders. He has had many years of hands-on experience, leading, managing and improving complex organisations and software systems as the CTO and Chief Scientist of N26 (Berlin, Germany) and as a Technical Principal Consultant at ThoughtWorks. He is a frequent keynote and conference speaker, author of three books including The Retrospective Handbook, Talking with Tech Leads and Building Evolutionary Architectures and runs the popular newsletter for leaders in tech, “Level Up” (http://levelup.patkua.com). You can find him online on twitter as @patkua or running his very popular “Tech Lead Skills for Developers” workshop around the world.
"Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else" - Peter Drucker